Project: Photography CompositionsGoal: To introduce to students to photography as non verbal communication, to develop an awareness of visual elements as language and expand their experience in digital imaging.
1. Quadrant study using four different images communicating line. [4 x 4” images]
- Arrange images into a composition exploring movement.
- Work with themes: line in nature, line in the built environment, etc.
- Explore direction, arrangement, placement, and scale.
- Images are to be black and white with a full tonal range so you may need
2. Break the quadrant in half: 16 square grid [2 x 2” images]
- Explore the image using a more complex grid structure.
- Use a singular or multiple themes [how would these be integrated?]
- Explore direction, arrangement, placement, and scale