Weightlessness was finally completed in November 1994. Though the designer used the original image I provided, and did pretty much what I asked him to do (down to using the tray card for the front cover art), I was disappointed in the results. I never did like the typeface, which was merely the least offensive of the limited, "spacy" options I was given; and I was not aware the color would shift from blue to purple until the printer called me in for a meeting to discuss that little problem (which I was actually fine with, once it was explained to me). Finally, the type in the 2-page booklet was too large.
On the bright side, I had noticed that the designer was using Pagemaker to produce the artwork, so I went out and bought myself a second-hand copy—which made it possible to produce my own designs thereafter. I subsequently produced two alternative designs for this cover.