- The Rock Redesign
A Friendlier Alumni Site
- The Rock is the social networking site for Saint Joseph's College focused on sharing photos, submitting class notes and connecting with friends.
- The old version of the rock was based off of a previous site-wide design for the college. Looking back at the data we had collected from users, the most frequent problem users faced was logging in. The double nav bar in green also caused confusion because most of the links were unrelated to alumni and took the user away from The Rock.
- As a result, the redesigned homepage featured a login box front and center. Links to departments that didn't pertain to Alumni were removed to set the focus on Alumni and their activity on the site.
- During our research we had identified the most common activities of registered users of The Rock. We made these options immediately available upon login to improve usability. The "Actions" link in the top navigation includes many of the same links, allowing users to complete the same actions no matter their location within the site.
- The old version of The Rock mirrored the old look of the college website. We wanted the redesign to be complimentary, but also able to stand on its own. It uses the same typeface and heading treatments and a slightly modified column layout. Background colors are very similar