- Safe & Sound
Progress of Typography
- This is a personal project that I have been working on for a while based on Taylor Swift's song, Safe & Sound.
- It all starts with a sketch.
- After I vectored the type I tried out a TON of options, none of which were making be 100% happy with the product. It sat for a while while I worked on some other things.
- I found a making of documentary about the Safe & Sound music video where Taylor was talking about the symbolism of the trees. Because parts of the text were so thin in certain areas I had the breakthrough that the type could easily be portrayed into branches. I printed out a large solid black version of the vector image and drew the above over it on a light table with micron.
- I scanned in the sketch and did some playing around in Photoshop an viola!