Latino Lent season promotion.
Maximize sales during the product’s (crackers) traditional peak sales season (Lent).
Create a considerable, impossible-to-miss in-store promotional presence:
1) Introduce an animated character (Red Snapper chef “Wachi”) to represent the customary
Lent seafood (typically served on crackers)
2) Produce a 15’ 3D/ P.O.P. aisle-placement cardboard branded boats filled with hundreds
of product boxes
3) Develop all Latino favorite Lenten recipes – all of which utilized saltines or butter crackers
4) Design three different coupon/recipe booklets as give-away package inserts
5) Initiate booklet coupon co-promotions with both internal and external brands
1) Product unit sales escalated significantly due to largely to recipe/booklet demand.
2) Wachi the red snapper chef character was so overwhelmingly successful that it
was re-used the following year.