- Typographic design/photography | 17" x 22" photographs | November 2011
This photo series is a further typographic exploration using vinyl type and applied across various planes and surfaces.
- Worlds Within Worlds - Vinyl shot through three different layers of glass.
- Captive - Vinyl set in a fishing line web. Shot using a long exposure while zooming in.
- Growth - Vinyl layered upon plant life.
- Scab - Vinyl placed on brick.
- Fracture - Vinyl set on different layers of plastic drawers.
- Unearth - Vinyl set in dirt.
- Frozen - Vinyl frozen in ice, shot through glass.
- Ill - Vinyl set in a brown paper towel, set in vaseline.
- Equilibrium - Vinyl applied to the side of a mason jar. Smaller letters were cut and placed in the bottom of the jar. They were then stirred in water creating the abstract effect in the background.
- The Show
Selections from this photo series were displayed in a special sub-gallery at my MFA thesis show, Red: Little Red Riding Hood Re-imagined. This section was entitledExpressions in Typography