- The Evolution of the Simulation Study Logo
Inhouse Branding for Research Department
- The Research Department is conducting a longitudinal study exploring the use of simulation (mannequin patients) in nursing education. The following concepts have evolved with each name change of the study.
- The name changed from EVE (Examining Virtual Education) to INSEP (Investigating Nursing Simulation Education Project).
- The study name changed from INSEP to SUN (Simulation in Undergraduate Nursing).
- Finally, SUN turned into NCSBN's National Simulation Study. We decided to keep the silhouette of the human profile to evoke both the mannequin and human aspects of the study. The logo also retains its resemblance to a astrological body like the sun to represent the dawn of a new era in nursing education.
- The NCSBN National Simulation Study recruits students to participate in the study at select simulation sites. This brochure is created in an iron-cross format to attract a younger audience with an unexpected format. The iron cross brochure details the study for the student participants by explaining what is simulation and how they can participate.