- CON10DERS - GRAPHIC DESIGN SENIOR SHOW THEME -
- Nora Langer
- CONCEPTNAME: CON10DERS
Derived from: The verb contend. Defined as: to face, cope, or grapple with something. Used as a plural noun to describe a group of individuals. The ten is written in numerals to highlight the importance of the time frame, one decade.
MISSON STATEMENT: As a passionate force contending for smart and effective solutions, CON10DERS anticipate the use of technology in the coming decade of graphic design. This is achieved by thoughtful considerations of what has been and what is to come.
- MAILERSServing as invitations to our show, these mailers were screen printed and then folded to be mailed as one piece without an envelope.
- POSTERSDesigning for upcoming technology is not just about being on the forefront of new technologies it is about fighting for solid design decisions. Rooted in design humor, this series of six screen printed posters was hung around campus as a statement about what is worth contending for.
- CONTEND FOR CRAPLESS DESIGN
- CONTEND FOR APPROPRIATE STROKING
- CONTEND FOR EXPLORATION
- CONTEND FOR GOOD PERSPECTIVE
- CONTEND FOR GIVING A FONT
- CONTEND FOR HARD WORKERSMAKE IT BLEED: It is important to take your work at least .125 inches further. Creating good design is about pushing the boundaries and exceeding what is expected not only of the project but of yourself.
- T-SHIRTSTo help promote our show, several of the CON10DERS screen printed shirts based off of the poster designs to wear the week of the show.
- CREDITSCompletion of these marketing materials would not have been possible without my fellow print committee members: Hannah Christian, Lindsay Gergen, Nora Langer, Mesa Luker, and Jamie Oaks. Many thanks to these wonderful individuals and designers for countless brainstorming and screen printing sessions.